Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who choose patients to be treated by the Foundation.
It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, under-served individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
Guidelines for Applying for an S4L Scholarship
- Must be between the ages of 11-18
- Must reside in South Jersey
- Must have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Must currently be enrolled in school
- Must maintain a B average in school
- Family income of no more than (185%) of the federal poverty level. If chosen, proof of income will be required to
verify eligibility prior to treatment (W-2, Income Tax Return, SSI Award Letter, Child Support, TANF grant
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist and contract attached
- Must demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Must be willing to “pay it forward” by completing 40 hours of community service during treatment
- Must submit 2 positive letters of recommendation from community leaders, teachers, coaches, etc.
- Must submit 2 photos – 1 smiling headshot and 1 close-up of teeth with gums pulled back
Two Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of recommendations may be written by teachers/coaches, counselors, dentists or spiritual leader etc.
A clear 5×7 head shot with full smile & teeth showing must be included with application.
The application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. Each applicant will be notified of approval or denial after the end of each selection process.
Return the completed application, applicant questionnaire and dentist recommendation, letters of recommendation, photos and treatment contract together in one packet to:
P.O. Box 446
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Phone: 877-272-9237 or 877-BRAYCES