What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Brayces Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What Does My Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Doesn’t My Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. You’ll then see us at regular intervals 4 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Our regular office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM & one Saturday a month. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4 to 8 weeks in advance.